Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday

Okay, here goes...this is my first ever post in the blog world.  I recently rediscovered an old "journal" I wrote for a college journalism class, and my professor commented that I was "a good diarist.  Keep observing - watch the world. It's your material."  Thanks Dr. R!

So, this one's for Rachel (The Dirt Diva) and Jamie (Walkin' in High Cotton), two of my friends at work who blog and keep asking me when I'm going to start! I've got some pretty big shoes to fill...

Today I've been trying not to "sweat the small stuff" realizing that there are plenty of other people in the world who are worse off then me.  So, let's start with what I'm thankful for (realizing that I don't say it anywhere near enough): my wonderful, laid-back, patient husband - we'll call him "Honey"; my son, who is the most loving and smart little boy ever - we'll call him "Bubba"; my Mom, who is the best Mom in the whole world; my family, my friends, my job, my home and much, much more. Oh, and I'm thankful to have this outlet - this modern day diary.

So, you ask...what exactly is the small stuff that's bugging me today? I had to take a sick day today because my son has some sort of stomach bug, which also means he misses his T-ball game today.  I won't get into the gross details of this now 2-week ordeal, but if someone can tell me the secret to getting a 5-year-old to eat more starch, I'm all ears. I have tons of work waiting for me at the office (yes, I'm one of those people who actually loves my job...most of the time!). My lens fell out of my glasses, and I can't find the little screwdriver kit to fix it; my cell phone is dead, and I can't find my charger (Honey usually "borrows" it.) The pharmacy mixed up my blood pressure medicine, and now I have to wait for my doctor's office to authorize more refills, which means another trip to pick it up! My house is a wreck, and usually all I do is tell Honey, I need a maid or a magic wand.  I usually do let these little things get the best of me, and Honey just looks at me like I have two heads!

At this point Honey would say "no more complaining for the rest of the day" and the house isn't that bad, but "go pick a spot and start cleaning!" Thanks Honey...

2 comments:

  1. Way to go getting started! :)

    I don't think it's ever any one small thing--it's that one MORE small thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! You are a good diarist and a good writer. Looking forward to following you and the family!

    We'll work on that magic wand for you!

    ReplyDelete