Friday, June 24, 2011

Put Me in Coach. I'm Ready to Play...T-Ball

Having a child really is opening me up to new experiences and costing me big bucks too! I signed Bubba up for T-Ball with SYAA back in January.  They didn't tell me much when I signed up and paid my $60, so I didn't know he'd need a glove, uniform and shoes too - cha-ching!  Thankfully, a friend of mine who has two ball-playing boys a little older than Bubba and who professes to being a "crazy ball mom" had some hand me down cleats and pants for me to try. The glove was a different story - Bubba is a lefty, so finding a right-handed glove just before practice started was a bit tricky. Thank you Target!

Practices were on Wednesdays starting in March.  Bubba's favorite part was the snack he would get when they were done, which is how he came to drink way too many Capri Suns.

Bubba warms up at one of his early practices.

Coach Courtney was so patient with the children. I realized right away that I needed to teach Bubba how to get into a line with other children and how to do jumping jacks. And it is so true what they say about the kids picking flowers and not paying attention out in the field.

Bubba models his uniform.  "I've got your curve ball right here."
The spring season started in April and ended June 11 with a game during the week and one on Saturday. By the time it was all said and done, Bubba played all the positions - we preferred him to play in field to lessen the chance for distractions.  He is so my child.  When he would get upset on the field, he would take his glove off and hang that little head and sometimes even sit down - during the game.

My little switch hitter. Hey Batter, Batter, Batter.  Swing Batter!

I learned something else from this experience.  Everyone wins at T-ball.  They don't keep score, so I couldn't tell you who technically won any of the games.

Registration - $60, Team Pictures - $50, Glove - $18, Uniform - $25.  Watching Bubba learn something new and have fun too, PRICELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment